August 28, 2011

The Goodbye Lie Diaries - Breelan

1880s August
Fernandina, Florida


Breelan Dunnigan writes - We walked on the beach after church today. The dragonflies and damselflies are everywhere! Of course, I really can't tell the difference between them except I assume the smaller ones are the girls. In any case, I don't believe I've ever seen so many in my life. Peeper calls them Devil's Darning Needles. Where does she get these things? Marie is afraid they will bite. Daddy says their tiny mouths pinch you a wee bit but only if you catch them and they have to defend themselves. They're too fast to catch without a net and who would want to do that anyway? Well, Pat used to when he was a child. Oh, I just looked out the window and there goes little Mac running after some with a fishing net.  He's like his Uncle Pat for sure. I do love them so. 


NOTE:  I read Breelan's diary entry so went outside to see if there were tons of dragon flies down by the beach and, sure enough, there they were.  Actually, they are everywhere, not just near the water. They flew past so quickly I was able to snap only a few unblurred pics.  Thanks, Bree for the alert!  -Jane Marie

No comments:

Post a Comment