January 18, 2015

Old Timey Book Stores

In this day and time, citizens of Fernandina Beach on Amelia Island, Florida are blessed to have two old fashioned, stand alone book stores, which just happen to carry my Amelia Island's Goodbye Lie Trilogy.  Hey, if I don't tell you these things, how will you know?

The new location for Books Plus is 1743-A South 8th Street. (Notice my three novels, at eye level. Perfect!  Thank you, Maggie  DeVries. She owns the store.) :



The Book Loft is found on 214 Centre Street, the main street in historic downtown Fernandina. :
 

Sea Jade (gift shop) at 208 Centre St.  It is fun to do book signings on Centre Street here because I tell readers how many scenes in the novels take place on the street right in front of them. 
 

I point to the marina and the beach, the roof of the Marina Restaurant as a vantage point for action out on the Amelia River, the Florida House Tourist Hotel around the corner... If you can believe it, I get very animated when I talk about my stories, the covers, the characters, etc.   Yesterday, during a  signing on a beautiful day, I heard a women say to her friends, "She was fun!"  I'll take that as high praise.  So, come to Amelia Island when you can and I'll be happy to introduce you to Breelan, Peeper, Aunt Noreen or any of the dozen folks in my trilogy.  Remember, the magic word is FUN!


No comments:

Post a Comment