February 13, 2015

Anti-Shades of Grey

This is America and that means you are free to read the book and watch the movie Fifty Shades of Grey. To quote a description of the movie I found online: true sexual proclivities push the boundaries of pain and pleasure.  If this is what you like, have at it.

If however, you prefer the less graphic, more tasteful romantic, as I do--Well, my Amelia Island historical series is like that. And I'm proud of that fact.  I often tell potential readers I dedicated The Goodbye Lie  to my father  and I didn't want to be embarrassed when Daddy read it.  All the females know what I mean.  

Bottom line:  There are alternatives out there that keep the proprieties in tact.  Spread the word.  Tasteful is still in style.  Let's keep it alive for future generations. The idea of romance in the privacy of the mind, is a better thing. Think Gone With The Wind...

A taste of romance from The Goodbye Lie: 
     Mental pictures of Breelan overpowered his wishes. Who the hell am I? Some irresistible rake she couldn't live without?  What a fool I've been to think she would return my affection. Because I love her is no reason she should love me.  I'm but one of the drooling dogs.  
     "Only a few more days," he said aloud and the overhearing crew silently commiserated with their mournful captain, knowing his affliction would last a lifetime.


Happy Valentine's Day!

The Goodbye Lie, Amelia Island's Velvet Undertow and Amelia Island's Mark of a Man are available in paperback and ebook at Amazon.com and book sources everywhere. http://www.amazon.com/The-Goodbye-Jane-Marie-Malcolm/dp/0974918229 

No comments:

Post a Comment