March 6, 2016

Cast Iron and The Goodbye Lie Diaries-Peeper

Fernandina Beach on Amelia Island, Florida
Present time

Jane Marie writes:  My friend, Emmie Noble, had Bunko at her house the other day.  Emmie loves antiques, as do I.  Quick to spot the unusual, I spied this case iron string holder hanging from beneath her kitchen cabinet. 


 *****************************************************
Fernandina on Amelia Island, Florida
1880s

Grandmother Peeper writes:  
I have one a them twine holders ahangin' in my pantry. I use the string ta tie up chicken legs and packages. Miss Ella is forever sendin' gifts and such ta her sister, Aunt Coe.  I have been knowed ta tie a piece a  string about my wrist in order ta remind me not ta fight with Aunt Noreen.  It don't stay on my wrist fur too long 'cause I like ta fight with Noreena. I always win. 

No comments:

Post a Comment