March 25, 2017

Family Affair

#The Goodbye Lie series
     I am quick to acknowledge I have many blessings in my life.  One is the support I receive from my family with regard to my writing. They read my rough drafts, manuscripts and finished stories, all the while making suggestions and asking questions. They tease me. They laugh and cry where I mean them to as they turn the pages. They tell their friends about the wonder of me, their oft times wacky relative who lives on Amelia Island in Florida. 
     A most meaningful gesture to me came from my little granddaughter, Ava.  One wonderful summer day at the beach, she told me to close my eyes.  I heard her playing in the sand and expected to spy a fine sandcastle.  Instead, when I was given permission to look, I discovered she had written out the title of my series for passersby to find until the tide washed it away. (See the photo above.) When it comes to toughing hearts, Ava is at the top of her game.              
                                                 - Jane Marie  
                                                                  

No comments:

Post a Comment