April 25, 2017

Grilled Cheese Pizza

I first saw Grilled Cheese Pizza on Pinterest.  The photo looked good so I tried it.*  It's easy and fun and a good Friday or Saturday night meal or anytime you don't want anything fancy or time consuming to prepare.  

You'll need:

Bread- 2 slices per serving
Butter or whatever you use to crisp up the outside
Pizza sauce or add oregano and/or basil to spaghetti/tomato sauce
Provolone or Mozzarella cheese slices
Pepperoni-original (microwaved for a few seconds on paper towels to remove excess grease) or turkey (much less grease)
Mushrooms, etc., and favorite pizza toppings

Butter the exterior of both slices of bread. Place a slice of cheese on the unbuttered side of a slice of bread.  Add some pizza sauce.  Not too much or it can make the bread soggy.  Spread evenly.  Add slices of pepperoni and other toppings, if any. Add a second slice of cheese. Top with second piece of bread, unbuttered side atop the cheese.  Grill in frying pan or I used a George Foreman grill until golden brown and the cheese is melted.

Enjoy!

P.S.  As I type this, I'm thinking you could make a Mexican version and use Cheddar, Colby or Mexican type cheese, salsa, refried beans (no-fat), green chillers and green onions, etc!

* I don't know who put Grilled Cheese Pizza on Pinterest. If you are the person, please contact me at graciousjanemarie@yahoo.com and I will credit you, of course.

#Pinterest, #GeorgeForeman, #grill, #Pizza, #Mexican, #green chiles, #GrilledPizza, #appetizer, #snack, #cheese, #Provolone, #Mozzarella

No comments:

Post a Comment