September 29, 2017

Dog Brushes Own Teeth

     Abby is the spokesdog for this blog and just about anything else she wants to talk about because she can bark louder than I can. Well, she has mastered a new skill.  She can brush her own teeth!  Please refer to the photo for details of this feat.
     Being the independent sort, Abs prefers being self-taught vs learning to do the usual doggie tricks.  Oh, she can fetch her blue baby, which is code for her bringing any and every stuffed toy she owns to  me when she wants to play.  She will also come when I call treat
     However, this dental hygiene thing was a surprise to me.  Having recently been to the vet for a cleaning, I suppose she wanted her teefus to stay bright and shiny.  To that end, she discovered one of my old toothbrushes I use for cleaning those tiny spots around the house.  And she was off in her efforts to maintain that lovely grin she flashes at strangers to lure them in and then nip at their jeans and shoe laces.  Did I mention that Abby is a rescue doggie?  We don't know her history, but do know she is always up for the challenge we call Bite a Hole Through The Pants game, which, again, she invented.
     She let me shoot this picture to demonstrate her tooth-technique so you can share it with your small dog. I should have taken a photo of her with three toothbrushes in front of her.  I was surprised to learn she is also a part time thief, in this case, somehow retrieving our fresh toothbrushes and claiming them for her own.  
    So next time you come to visit us at Stately Martha (Bear) Manor, fear not.  Should you and your jeans and shoelaces make it past Abby and you find she's confiscated your personal toothbrush, I have begun buying the bristly things by the pound and have extras to spare.  

WARNING: ONLY ALLOW YOUR SMALL DOG TO CHEW ON THE TOOTHBRUSH BECAUSE A BIG DOG MIGHT SNAP IT IN TWO AND CHOKE!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment