November 30, 2017

Goodbye Lie Diaries - Carolena Decorates with Jewelry

Late 1800s
 Fernandina on Amelia Island, Florida

Carolena Dunnigan writes:  I heard  word my sister, Breelan, wrote to you, Jane Marie, sharing her perfume tip. I can't have my baby sister show me up, so this is my idea. ( See Breelan's tip here. )
     Instead of leaving my bracelets and necklaces tucked away in my drawer or jewelry box , I decorate my room with them.  I drape my favorite necklaces on lampshades and hang my bracelets from the pulls on my chest of drawers. 
     I am forever changing them out for new pieces as I wear them. And they look different when the candles are lit compared to the the light of day.
     Jane Marie, thank you for trying my style of decorating and taking photos to share with your friends.  I don't want to brag, but little creative touches of all types add to my interior designs for our family's Aqua Verdi Passenger Line grand ships and yachts.  Business is brisk, so I must dash.  Daddy promised I would have my sketches to the gentleman from Boston completed and in the post to him by week's end.

shade by night decorated with butterfly necklace
bracelets on drawer pulls


                      necklace on lamp by day

same necklace, shade turned at an angle, by night


Carolena Dunnigan is the
 featured player in
 Amelia Island 's Velvet  Undertow.
                            Carolena Dunnigan


Click here for Amelia Island's Velvet Undertow  eBooks and paperbacks Set on Amelia Island, Florida in 1889, Amelia Island's Velvet Undertow will twist, turn and torture you with Carolena's passion for her family, her art and her lovers, all from her deep and dawning creative soul.





-Necklaces handmade by Jane Marie's sister, Nancy Kamp
-Bracelets handmade by Jane Marie's granddaughter, Ava, Nancy Kamp and Jane Marie 


No comments:

Post a Comment