April 20, 2018

Gone With The Wind

Television screen shot taken with my phone explains the poor quality

   I was watching Gone With The Wind with my twenty year old niece.  She had never seen it before and thoroughly enjoyed it. But, for as many times as I've watched that movie and even attended two GWTW costume balls in Atlanta and consider myself a Windie, that night was the first time I noticed the writing, arched over the front door of the church which reads: Peace be Within Thy Walls. As I've learned from my research, a church and its pews were/are sometimes used as beds for make-shift hospitals in times of war and crisis. How perfect to find these words in a house of love. Yet, it's very ironic that peace is so far away, during that gruesome and very sad time in our country. 

No comments:

Post a Comment