June 15, 2014

Father's Day

 
In the picture below, 'tis Himself, my father, as a little boy.  Despite the poor quality, he looks to be a little trickster.  Wearing what is probably a hand-me-down shirt with its too short sleeves and mismatched buttons, raggedy cuffed pants with long stockings, and having a boo-boo on the first finger of his right hand, his dress fits perfectly with that characterization. But you can see there is kindness in his eyes and he grew to be a beloved father, teacher and coach.  Those whose lives he touched are blessed for having known him, and his family even more.
 
I am wondering if, subconsciously, I made Nugget, the little hellion in my upcoming Amelia Island's Mark of a Man historical novel, similar to the child in this photo.  If I did, I think my daddy would be very pleased about it.
 

Happy Father's Day everybody!