April 29, 2012

Beer & Ham Quiche

I made up this yummy beer & ham quiche and I don't even drink beer! I got the idea from a cheese, beer and garlic fondue I made on New Year's Eve.  Add eggs and put in a pie shell and there you have it.  The beer gives it a sort of yummy yeasty taste. Enjoy!

You'll need:

1 ready to bake pie crust-not deep dish (pricked all over with a fork to prevent bubbling of the crust and baked for 10 minutes at 325 degrees Fahrenheit )
2 eggs
3 tablespoons beer
8 oz. shredded sharp cheddar cheese
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
4 oz. can mushroom pieces, drained
1/4 cup chopped ham

Mix all the ingredients, adding the mushrooms last, and pour into baked pie shell.  Bake 25 to 30 minutes at 375 degrees Fahrenheit until set and knife inserted in center comes out clean.  Cool slightly and serve. This recipe is easily doubled.

PS  Ham or mushrooms are optional but use one or the other for texture and added flavor.  Since I had both on hand, I used both.   -jmm