December 30, 2012

New Year's Snack

I guess we'll call them Sun-Dried Tomato Crisps. My daughter, Barbra, made these for me over Christmas and they were delightful. They are so easy, I'm making them New Year's Eve! Thank you, Barbra!

Sun-Dried Tomato Crisps

You'll need:
Pita Bread
Sun-Dried Tomatoes in oil with herbs (I used 8.5 oz. California Sun-Dry, Julienne Cut.)

Optional toppings:
Parmesan Cheese
Feta Cheese
Green Onions
Kalamata Olives
Black Olives
Whatever You Have Handy or Want

Slice the pita bread in half horizontally so you have two thin flat circles.  Cut each circle into wedges.  Cover each wedge with drained sun-dried tomatoes and any other topping. Bake in a pre-heated 375 degree oven for 8 to 10 minutes or until wedges are crisp.  Serve warm.  Pass the grated Parmesan. (It's always "pass the parm" in our house.)

Enjoy!