October 20, 2021

HOME

This one word says it all. 

Here's how I made mine:

I found a 2" x 4" piece of wood in the garage as a base and painted it black. 

H = I got this single glittering letter on sale for a friend's Christmas tree because this is the initial of his last name.  He never received it.  

O = I cut a circle from cardboard and wrapped it with twine.

M =This is a W turned upside down that I, again, found on sale at Walmart.  

E = I glued together popsicle sticks, the kind with rounded ends, then wrapped them with soft pink lace.

Glue the letters on the black wooden base.  Cover with glitter paint. I then decorated the letters with a cross, silk roses, bling, a cross, a key, a button and a butterfly, all things from my craft stash.

I move my HOME sign around the house.  In the photo above, it sits on the music stand of our antique pump organ.  Earlier, it was on the mantle and before that, on the floor in the corner of our front hall.  

I love my home sign.  What's not to like, right? 

***************

The Goodbye Lie Diaries

Late 1800s

Fernandina on Amelia Island, Florida

*Miss Ella writes:  The children and I must make a similar sign.  We might spell out love or faith or hope ... So many wonderful words from which to choose and they each translate the same meaning through time. Thank you for the idea, Jane Marie.  


Miss Ella

*
Miss Ella is the matriarch of the Dunnigan family,   featured in The Goodbye Lie historical romance series. Loving, intelligent and married to Michael, she is the mother of four and known for her cooking, roses and general kindness toward everyone.She is the foundation of the clan.


💖 May sparkling hearts overflowing with love 

rain down on you forever! 💖

 


If you love romance,

try Jane Marie's Goodbye Lie series. 

 "Men will die for Breelan Dunnigan ..."


No comments:

Post a Comment