May 13, 2012

It's All About Mom Today!

Everybody has one because you can't get into this life without one- a mom, of course. So to mark this high occasion, I have written a poem.  Well, call it what you like, but I hope to get an at-a-boy or two for my efforts. 

Here is one of my rejected poems:

There once was a lady named Mom.
She liked to watch soaps.
She's the bomb!
She knows all the stars,
Who hit all the bars.
But she'd rather gnaw on a cob.

Here is the keeper: 

A mother is special, that's true.
She should be happy, not blue.
So do all you can and give her a hand.
If you're lucky, she might cook you stew!
Wahoo!


Me thinks my standards could be higher...


Whatev- as my friend says.  Happy Happy Mother's Day  to all.  Try to hide for a few moments peace and you know we'll find you to say, "Thanks, Mom!"

Hugs and Blisses from The Kids, all of us!