April 29, 2014

A Sparkling Find!

I love sparkles, glitter, bling and anything shiny.  Don't we all? My sister, Nancy, is among us and even has a jewelry website called www.VeryShinyObjects.com.  So there I was, shopping for my sister-in-law's birthday gift when I stopped dead-still at the sight of the rhinestone lanyards! From multi-color to solid red, blue, yellow and white diamond, they beckoned me come. What use would my sister-in-law have of this?  None, I tell you. It was not for her, but for ME!  Why would I need such an item? Simple. When I do book signings and art shows, I hang my business card around my neck. This is perfect for a romance writer, me thinks.  Did I find a gift for said sister-in-law? I considered the peppermint-pickled beets in the glass pig-shaped jar bedecked with delicate hand-painted orange pine cones, but I'm not quite sure she would appreciate my depth of thought that went into choosing such a treasure.  Thus, I continue the quest for her.  I have achieved mine. Plus, I will write off my glorious lanyard as a business expense because, as you can tell, I'm all about business.

"diamond" lanyard against antique dress