October 24, 2017

Another "Lucy" Moment- Where Are My ...?

     I confess.  I have always and am always misplacing two things.  Beginning in childhood,  I remember
asking my mother, "Where are my shoes?"  That continued into adulthood.  Now I ask my husband, "Where are my shoes?" plus "Where are my glasses?"  I wear cheaters/readers, whatever you may call them.
     One day I was alone in the house, scurrying about, as I usually do.  I don't walk.  Why?  I can't say for sure, but one advantage is you burn calories, another is you get to where you're going faster and, thereby, can accomplish more things. Win, win, right? 
     So there I am, asking Abby, the spokesdog for this blog and my writing companion,  and myself, mostly myself, "Where are my glasses."  I always keep a spare pair in every room, or try to.  I often manage to find several in a pile.  Case in point ... When I happened to pass a mirror, I caught a near blinding reflection of something glinting off the sun.  I figured out it was the four pairs of glasses I had hanging on the neck of the sweatshirt I was wearing. I had to laugh as this one.  I took a selfie to prove what a dumb bunny I can be. (Refer to the picture above.)  
     Hey, perhaps we can spin this to read how my powers of concentration are so great, I don't know everything I do while I'm doing it.  Naw.  That can't be right because I am a great multi-tasker.  Just ask me. 
    Save yourselves, my dear readers. Your hostess here is silly, screwie and leaning hard toward being nuts.  But as I tell people, it's happy in my world and that of our  fictitious and beloved Dunnigan family on Amelia Island in the late 1800s. It must be happy in yours, too, because you're right here with us. Happy is a better thing.  Let's keep it that way!

No comments:

Post a Comment