October 27, 2017

Mix and Match Crust-less Quiche plus Goodbye Lie Diaries - Marie

Crust-less Quiche
     I am forever trying to save calories.  I figure the more calories I save when I make a dish, the more of it I can eat.  To that end,  here is my Mix and Match Crust-less Quiche recipe.  It's easy and you can serve it warm or cold.

You'll Need:

6 eggs
3/4 cup milk (non-fat optional)
8 ounces non-fat cottage cheese
8 ounces 2% cheddar sharp cheese

Mix and match any of the following, adding in just before baking:
1 small can of chopped mild green chilies
Chopped bacon
Garlic powder
Tuna
Tomatoes, seeded
Pepperoni, nuked a few seconds on a paper towel to remove the grease, then crumbled
Ground beef, lean, browned and drained
Chicken, cooked and chopped
Ham, chopped
Turkey, chopped
Green onions, chopped
Black olives, chopped
Green olives, chopped

For a thinner quiche, pour mixture into a 9 inch x 13 inch pan first treated with non-stick cooking spray. For a thicker quiche, use an 8 inch x 8 inch pan.  You can also use muffin cups.

Bake at 325 degrees for 30 or 35 minutes, generally, checking a knife comes out clean when inserted in the middle. Reduce the muffin cups by at least 10 minutes.  Oven temperatures vary, so don't over-bake.  Serve with a tossed or fruit salad.  Yummo!
                             Enjoy!                                                  -Jane Marie


*********
Late 1800s
Fernandina on Amelia Island, Florida

Marie writes:  Jane Marie, you know how I love to
Marie Dunnigan
eat.  Why it is one of God's pure pleasures, isn't it?  I am always on a quest to find easy to make recipes because I would much rather be looking for shark's teeth or flirting with boys. However, I understand the need for a woman to be as capable in the kitchen as she is in the bedroom.  Please don't tell Mama or Aunt Noreen or Peeper I said that. They'd skin me and hang my hide from the barn door if'n they heard such an admission. 

  The Goodbye Lie series
     Well, this egg dish sounds wonderful since I can add whatever I want.  Have you tried it with a few seasoned bread crumbs?  Yes, the bread may defeat the purpose of those low-fat ingredients you recommend, but it sounds quite delicious to me.  I bet Peeper will have some ideas of her own to goose up the flavor.  She always has her way of doing things and that makes her about the best cook in the county, next to our mother, Miss Ella. 
      May the reminder of your day be another adventure, as I hope mine will be. Now that I think on it, mayhap my quest for adventure is higher on my happy list than food. My stars, what a realization that is to me.

Marie is the youngest sibling in  historical romance novel, Amelia Island's Mark of a Man, part of the Goodbye Lie series set on Amelia Island, Florida in the late 1800s.  She is free spirited, opinionated and cherished by her family and a particular young man with whom she is acquainted ... 

No comments:

Post a Comment