March 6, 2017

New Friend plus #Goodbye Diaries - Aunt Noreen

Say hi to Dawn from Georgia, a lovely lady I recently met on a sun-filled day here in Fernandina Beach on Amelia Island, Florida.  You know how much I love to introduce my new friends to our old friends, Breelan and Carolena and Pat and Peeper and Aunt Noreen.  My hope is for them to get aquainted and love my Goodbye Lie family and folks of Fernandina from the late 1800s, the same as so many others across the world have.  Welcome Dawn! I now pronounce you a Goodbye LieR!

*********************************
The Goodbye Lie Diaries:

Late 1880s
Fernandina on Amelia Island
Florida

Aunt Noreen writes: Most of the lovely people
Aunt Noreen
reading what Jane Marie calls her blog are well aware of the abuse I receive from my Dunnigan family. Nevertheless, I adore them all.  Well, mostly all.  That Peeper is a pip.  Excuse my harsh criticism of the woman.  She is not blood kin and, therefore, I reject her and her insults toward me. 

     However, this diary entry is not about Peeper.  Rather, I have a bone to pick with Jane Marie, herself.  It is never proper to refer to a lady's age, young or old. It is not ever the thing to do.  So, I officially declare that I resent, with the greatest of emphasis, her statement above where she includes me as one of her old friends. While I shan't ever speak of my age, I will readily admit, my appearance is that of a much younger creature.  With no boasting intended, men still find me alluring. In any case, Jane Marie, I demand you never again refer to me as old!  Peeper, on the other hand, is a completely different matter.  Feel unencumbered to tell the world about that nasty heifer.

Present day
Fernandina Beach
Florida

Jane Marie responds: 

Dear, dear Aunt Noreen,
   You have the skill of a master wood carver when it comes to finding offense where none is meant. The old was not directed toward your age or the age of any one else.  I was referring to the fact that you and I have known each other for many years. Hence, you are an old friend. 
     My how I do love you, Auntie.  You are so complicated, yet so entertaining.  Although Peeper and half the town in your time would probably not agree with me, however, I am compelled to say, "Never change."