February 16, 2014

What Is This Gift?

I gave this  glazed ceramic bowl to my daughter, Barbra, as a gift. Because it matches her dishes, she was crazy about it. Then she asked me, "Just what is it?"

I had no answer for her.  You see, I got it several years ago, put it away in the closet and when I found it, I couldn't recall its purpose.  Someone suggested it might be a sort of bundt pan.  If so, why the spout visible in the upper left of the photo?  Someone else said it might be for chips and dip, but the center cup that is molded into the ceramic is way too small to hold much salsa or anything else. The overall diameter is about 12 inches. It's only about 3 inches deep and I believe it says microwavable on the bottom. It's now collecting dust at Barbra's house.  Beyond that, I don't have a clue. 

Please send your suggestions about what it might be to graciousjanemarie@yahoo.com or Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/jane.m.malcolm.  My child would like to put her present to good use!