August 22, 2013

Amelia Island's Goodbye Lie Trivia Question - Clover

Clover is the fiction Dunnigan family handyman and friend.  What is his surname?

Answer: Even I had forgotten I'd given Clover a last name!!!  I was scanning The Goodbye Lie for information so the continuity would flow in Mark of a Man, the third novel in my Amelia Island's Goodbye Lie Trilogy, and found it.  Say hi to Mr. Clover Williams!!!  I now remember thinking since Clover was such a colorful name, his family name should be simple, less exotic. No offence intended to any folks named Williams, of course.

Page 33 from The Goodbye Lie paperback:

     "Did I see you waving to Clover?" she asked.

     "The man coming out of the cabin? Yes."

     "Clover Williams is our hired hand. More of a wonderful friend, really. With Daddy at his office downtown so much of the time, we needed someone to lend a hand with the heavy chores. Clover's been with us since just before I was born," Breelan replied, suddenly realizing she'd been giving out her family history to a stranger.