July 9, 2015

Easy Anniversary Idea - Goodbye Lie Diaries by Peeper and Aunt Noreen

Present day:
Fernandina Beach on Amelia Island, Florida

Jane Marie writes: 
I don't know where or when I first saw this, but I do know it was many years ago.  I thought it was cute and easy and sweet,  being a living thing, like love, so I finally gave one to Bruce for our last anniversary.  Just go to any store that has cactus plants and purchase one. Make a sign which says I'm Stuck on You and tape it on the flower pot for an inexpensive yet meaningful gift!  I offer a big thank you to the person who came up with the idea.
  ************************************************ 
1880s
Fernandina on Amelia Island, Florida
Peeper

Grandmother Peeper writes:
That is a perty plant ya give there, Jane Marie. I know somebody ta give one a them pokie things to, 'ceptin' my sign would say I'm Stuck With Ya since she's Michael's sister and livin' next door. Short a her aeatin' her own food and dyin', she'll be with us a long lifetime  Ya know it's that old Aunt Noreen I'm atalkin' about. 

 ****************************************************

1880s
Fernandina on Amelia Island, Florida

Aunt Noreen writes:
Jane Marie, I have read some of the unflattering things you let Peeper write about me and, quite
Aunt Noreen
frankly, it is not right.  Yes, I know you said if I write, you will add it to this column of yours. I think it less than seemly that I must constantly defend myself against the insults spewed directly at me from Peeper.  With each day's passing, I believe she is falling deeper and deeper into insanity.  As for the cactus comment directed at me, well, with her nasty personality, I just may begin addressing her as Prickly Peeper.  She will not like that any.  Oh, yes.  That is a fine idea.  Perhaps I might get the entire town to call her that.  My, my but vengeance tastes sweet as half a cherry pie with a triple dollop of sweet whipped cream.  It's a lovely day. 


***
Peeper and Aunt Noreen are favorite featured characters in Amelia Island's Goodbye Lie series, set on Amelia Island, Florida in the 1880s.    



 
 P.S. from Jane Marie to Peeper and Aunt Noreen: 
      Ladies, although you both are behaving less than that name implies, I am beyond tempted to limit your posts to recipes and gardening if you can't be sweet.  Consider this fair warning...