September 20, 2017

Larry's Tuna Patties Recipe- A Tribute

     Larry Dingman, a dear friend of many years, recently went home to Heaven. I  think of Larry and remember all we shared. 
     Being a professional horticulturist, each time I would see him, I'd ask a question about a plant in my house or one in the yard.  From fertilizer to taking cuttings, he guided my efforts and the result was a landscape of which I was very proud.
     I always laugh to myself about the time I asked him, by email, when I should trim back my roses and some other basic questions.  I printed his response and have it on my refrigerator to this day. He wrote, "Jane, it seems you've forgotten everything I ever taught you."  Well, not quite, sweet Larry, for my flowers do thrive when I slow down enough in a day to treat them as you instructed.
     Not only could Larry grow a mean daisy, but he was a great cook.  I have several of his recipes in my recipe box including the one for Larry's Tuna Patties that I made the other day for the family.  Give them a try.  If you like tuna, I think you'll like them.  Thank you, Larry.

Larry's Tuna Patties
( I made this title blue to represent the blue of Larry's eyes. 😍 )

You'll need:
1 6 oz can of Tuna, drained
1 Egg
1/3 cup Seasoned Bread Crumbs
3 tablespoons  Milk 
1 tablespoon Vegetable Oil
1 tablespoon chopped Onion (or onion powder)
2 tablespoons Mayonnaise
2 tablespoons chopped Parsley (optional)

Mix all ingredients and drop by tablespoon in skillet lightly coated with non-stick cooking spray. Over low to medium heat, brown on both sides, 3 or 4 minutes each side, till golden brown. Makes 6 patties. 

#tuna, #patties, #recipe, #horticulture, #friend, #flower, #rose, #LarryDingman, #easy, #yummo, #dearfriend, #Heaven, #goodcook

No comments:

Post a Comment