January 10, 2018

May I Recommend?

    I had the most scrumptious potatoes at a pot luck luncheon.  I was told the recipe was on the back of the Simply Potatoes® bag located in the refrigerated section of the local grocery store.  And there it was. Since it called for chopped onions and I was short on time,  I bought their Potatoes O'Brien® version, with green pepper and onion included. All I can say is the result is YUMMO!

 ***Cheesy Hash Browns***

You'll need:

1 bag of Simply Potatoes O'Brien® or your own shredded potatoes with chopped onion
 3/4 cup sour cream
 1 regular can of cream of chicken soup- I used the healthy version.
8 ounces of shredded cheddar cheese - I used 2% sharp cheddar.
1/4th cup melted butter- I  used Earth Balance organic spread.

Mix all the ingredients.  Spread in a 9"x 11" pan or 2 quart casserole sprayed with non-stick cooking spray.  Bake for 60 minutes  at  350° F. Cut into squares and serve for Sunday dinner or anytime.  It would go wonderfully with eggs at breakfast, too.  Think I'll run by the store tonight and get the ingredients to make more!
     Enjoy,   Jane Marie

No comments:

Post a Comment