March 26, 2011

I Did It Again

Yes.  I first did it some 20 years ago.  It was about 4 pm on a Saturday and I was packing up the last of the garage sale stuff that hadn't sold. I looked up too see my kind neighbor, sign in hand, delivering one to me which she had picked up on the corner. "Here. Thought I'd save you a trip." 

"Thanks," said  I.

"Did you take a good look at what you wrote on your sign?"

Apparently, I hadn't, being dark-30 outside when we put the signs out very early that morning. Well, by jingo, there is was, in plain black magic marker.

Over the years, I have caught myself doing it off and on.  Then today, I painted flowers and a greeting on the timber corralling our front flower bed.  As I stepped back to take a look at the completed timber, this is what I found I had done:


  
 Instead of saying Welcome, I painted Welcolm which comes very close to the spelling of my last name, Malcolm.  So, since I don't seem to be able to beat this occurrence, I will promote it. 

WELCOLM ALL will be my new mantra!



No comments:

Post a Comment