March 25, 2012

The Dragon Within

I blame my artsy-fartsy ways, please excuse the less than gracious expression, partly on being left-handed, but mostly on good genes. Therefore to my mind, unusual objects are often just waiting to be uncovered, discovered or turned into items of beauty. What follows is about one such object. While I used to have a very green thumb, and still probably do if I take the time, fertilize and water, lately I've lost a few plants. I don't even remember what type of plant this was when it was green and growing above the soil. As I was cleaning up a corner of our courtyard garden, I pulled forth a dead tangle of roots. Most folks would probably have trashed this dried out nasty. There was something about it that reminded me of driftwood so after shaking off all the sandy dirt, I took a closer look and discovered the dragon within. Some copper, purple and pink paint to highlight the body and tail and a bit of silver for the head and there you have her.  I have named her Drageena and she currently is the centerpiece on the round table in our screen porch. She seems happy there.  It's always nice to make new friends.   





No comments:

Post a Comment