June 5, 2012

Is It Just Me?

I have often been called a fashionista--in my head.  I wear what I consider classic, tasteful clothes. But this is not about me. It's about the freedom to wear whatever it is we want for this is America, isn't it? So long as it's clean, mended and no private parts are turned public, I'm all for picking your favorite look.  EXCEPT in the case of my husband. While he generally wears the pants in the family, one day he came out of the bedroom with his new purchase, the ugliest shorts  I have ever seen. Baggy and hanging, they were branded with a faded Florida State logo. My comment to him?  "You were taken, big time!" Add in his sweat socks with the sprung elastic resulting in the uneven placement on the shin, plus the blue "duck shoes" as I like to call those rubber gems with the breathable holes, and his look is complete.  I have forbidden Bruce to exit the house in this get-up and encourage his wearing it every day so as to turn it into a rag as soon as possible and, thereby, suitable for mopping the floor. Perhaps that is too lofty a goal for them. Oh, don't forget the chicken legs holding it all together. Now, judge for yourself if you dare to look at the picture below!

The best I can say is, "Nice grass."  -jmm