January 17, 2016

Peeper's Egg Trick-Goodbye Lie Diaries

Late 1880s
Fernandina on Amelia Island, Florida

Grandmother Peeper
Peeper writes:  Folks is always wantin' my elixir fixers.  Here's one.  After yur eggs is boiled hard, the best action ta take ta get them shells off is this.  Find a glass jar with a lid.  Aunt Noreen always has extree jars cause she don't never can nothin' anyways. She's secretly afeared she's gonna poison her whole family.  I got ta give her credit fur facin' the truth, this one time. So, put the hard shell egg into the jar, cover it with water, screw on the lid and shake it fur a bit.  When ya pour off the water, the cracked shell will come away in near one piece.  This is a fine and fast aid ta peelin' them eggs.

***************************************************
Present Day
Fernandina Beach on Amelia Island, Florida

Jane Marie writes:  Hi Peep,  There is a song, from 1974, called Everything Old Is New Again.  By this I mean, your egg trick is something I saw on our magical internet that allows you and I to communicate through time with the world.  I had never tried it until I saw how well it works for you in your day. Please see the photograph to the left of my egg with, as you said, almost the entire shell beside it! I don't know who first thought to try this, but work it does.  It's just one more thing we have in common!

Peeper is a favorite player in The Goodbye Lie historical series.  Having adopted the Dunnigan family, she is an integral and fun part of the clan, offering advise, wanted or un.

No comments:

Post a Comment