February 25, 2016

Judge By Its Cover


The Goodbye Lie Series Available HERE
Go ahead.  Judge my books by their covers because each of those covers in The Goodbye Lie series offers major clues as to what is inside. That, of course, is as it should be. While I like to tease an audience, it probably would not be very nice or smart to have a sweet unicorn on a cover and the contents be about an ax murderer.   

So when people ask me to tell them about each story, I start by pointing out objects and details on the cover. The following is what I say to you folks about The Goodbye Lie, the first book in the trilogy. (As you read below, refer to the photo above.):

"Most people don't realize that this is a woman's glove and this is a man's glove." (I cover the man's glove with my hand.) "Is he protecting her, is he holding her back, is she trying to get away?

"The red ribbon represents all the twists and turns in the plot.  All the book covers have these ribbons. I love it when a reader tells me they didn't see that coming.

"This is sand from our Amelia Island beach. These are flowers from my garden.

"And this little pewter box belonged to my mother.  Curiously, Victorians called it a jewel casket.  The little medallion inside is right here, I wear it everyday, and it plays a part in the story, but I can't tell you what..."

That's when I show them the medal and most seem surprised that something on a book cover would be right there in front of them to see.
Miraculous Medal reads : "O Mary, conceived without sin, pray for us who have recourse to thee." 

Synopsis of The Goodbye Lie: 


Men will die for Breelan Dunnigan, the lead female player in the heart-wrenching romance and unexpected drama called The Goodbye Lie.  Jane Marie's first installment in her historical series is set in 1882 on Florida's Amelia Island. Breelan, an aspiring writer, is literally swept away, first by a tornado and then a handsome stranger, who steps into her home and into her soul. Escape to New York City brings new love, but when Breelan returns to Florida, her life has turned upside down. Strong family bonds and values are soon pitted against passion, jealousy and murder in this satisfying tale. Readers will rejoice in the clever twists of plot. Rich characters, late Victorian conventions and gentle humor flavor up the mix of romance, honor and treachery.

So there you have a taste of The Goodbye Lie. Why not try a bigger helping? (Pretty cute, huh?)  The Goodbye Lie Series Available HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment