June 1, 2017

Lizard Alert - Goodbye Lie Diaries - Aunt Noreen

Late 1800s
Fernandina on Amelia Island, Florida

Aunt Noreen writes:
   Jane Marie!  You claim to know me as well as I know myself.  Hmm.  I do not think that is true.  Why?  Because if you had my sensibilities, you would never have shown the picture in this entry of those awful crawling reptiles.  I cannot abide them.  Those nasties are everywhere, so you do not need to promote them in any form or fashion. I am certain a photograph of a delicate rose or a bird on the wing would be preferable and appreciated much more than these images.  All I can do is avert my glance.  Perhaps you should have some sort of cautionary warning to others with the same delicacies as mine.

***********************
The time is now.
Fernandina Beach on Amelia Island, Florida

Jane Marie replies:
   Dearest Aunt Noreen,
       Thank you for alerting me, yet again, to your issue with crawling creatures.  Please trust me and know I would not deliberately upset you, lest I get a pain in my side from laughing at another of your many protestations.  Do not be  insulted.  I am being honest and honesty is best.  I am sure you agree. 
        As for the awful image I present in this post, well, I find it just plain interesting and, frankly, beautiful.  The pristine sand filled me with questions the moment I spied the imprints from the lizard.  Where was the little fellow going?  Was he on a quest for food or just on a leisurely stroll?  Was the sand hot on his tiny feet?  Why is his route serpentine versus a direct path toward his goal?  Was he distracted by a nearby flying bug and, therefore, his way is not straight.  The best part of the photo for me is the nearly perfect impression of the lizzie, third indentation from the top.  When I saw it, I just had to take a picture to share with the world.  You, most interesting of aunts, are part of that world.  Sometimes we see things we do not want to see or hear things we do not want to hear.   
       I can only hope you will continue to read this blog and comment upon what I post. Those comments are so entertaining. 
             The magic of electronics in my time is simply wonderful. Don't you agree?
            


-Aunt Noreen is a featured character in The Goodbye Lie series by Jane Marie Malcolm, author of this blog.


#Aunt_Noreen, #Amelia_Island, #lizard, #sand, #beach, #Goodbye_Lie, #nature, #silly, #drama, #Irish, #reptile,

No comments:

Post a Comment