December 12, 2017

The Goodbye Lies - Peeper-Perfect Purity Almost

Fernandina Beach on Amelia Island, Florida 
Present Day

   Jane Marie writes:   My friend, Johanna Eversole, showed me this photo of a Great Egret she'd taken here on Amelia Island, Florida and let me share it with you. She and her son occasionally cast a net for shrimp.  This beautiful birdie, she kindly calls Freddie the Freeloader, watches for them and accepts any of the tidbits they offer. Not only is this creature pure and perfect, but smart. 

Here is a link for more info. 

***

Fernandina, Florida                                         

Late 1800s

     Grandmother Peeper writes:  I seen one a them birds aflyin' the other day.  I admit to it.  It was a pretty thing, but sure as a croakin' frog can wake the dead at night, them egrets fly high up and let loose, if ya understand my meanin', and it always lands on the clean clothes ahangin' on the line.  That's the way of it.

The Goodbye Lie Diaries- What are they?
     Through the magic of electronics, the characters in my Goodbye Lie Series set on Amelia Island can talk to me from the late 1800s and I to them.  It makes for some interesting conversations.- Jane Marie

No comments:

Post a Comment