May 10, 2011

I Decided

I got to thinking… about Mother’s Day. I was wished a “Happy Mother’s Day” by a women whose personal history I didn’t know. Was she a mother? I wasn’t sure if I should return the greeting so simply said, “Thank you.” After pondering, I decided to wish everyone, man, woman and child, a Happy Mother’s. This is my reasoning: Not everybody has been in the military when we wish someone well on Memorial Day, right? Therefore, since all folks have/had a mother, at least once in his or her life, if we say Happy Mother’s Day to them, we are celebrating the wonder of motherdom, grandmotherdom, great-grandmotherdom and the entire blessing of mamas everywhere.

I conclude. If you’re with me, next time Mother’s Day and Father’s Day and even Grandparents’ Day come around, offer greetings to everybody for it is these people who have made us the quality folks we are. Wishing a Happy Mother’s Day, Father’s Day is another way of saying thank you to our parents as well as our ancestors.

No comments:

Post a Comment