March 12, 2012

Making the Mark - Novel Discovery

Today, as everyday, I was editing Mark of a Man, #3 in my historic suspense/romance series set on Amelia Island, Florida. I was sorting out the four children- Lana, Ellen, Aggie and Nugget. I was checking to make sure the right child was calling the right parent mama or daddy. It struck me suddenly how I have three little girls who can grow up to become three young ladies in a future novel, like Breelan, Carolena and Nora in the current Goodbye Lie series! With a 4th novel, Sand and Sin, in rough draft manuscript form and ten Martha Bear™ short stories written but not edited, a blog to update, merchandise to make and market, book signings and shows to attend, finalizing Mark of a Man for publication, plus all the new ideas swirling in my head and living an every day wonderful existence with my family, I should live so long to create a fifth novel starring the next generation of my fictional girls. It could happen...

P.S. Don't you love the name Nugget for a little boy? Someone I know has a grandson named that and I just had to use. His family can't wait to read Mark of a Man for that reason alone. So, sorry Mac. You're now known as Nugget!

No comments:

Post a Comment