July 21, 2014

A Gift - B for Breelan

    Mary Jo W. from Sacramento, California,  surprised me with this handmade and very, very pretty letter B representing Breelan Dunnigan, the heroine in The Goodbye Lie
    "Your Breelan touched the deepest part of my heart with her self-sacrifice and devotion," writes Mary. "I wanted to do something to honor her.  Nothing fancy, nothing that Leona Visper, her rival, would appreciate, just something simple and sweet. It is a craft they might have made back in 1882, as well.  Clover could have cut out the letter and then Breelan or Carolena or Nora would crinkle the pretty paper and glue it on.  Thank you, Jane Marie, for bringing Breelan Dunnigan to life for me and all those others in the world who have come to love her, too.  And it is always great fun to read about her and the Dunnigan family, including Aunt Noreen and Peeper, in your Goodbye Lie Diaries."
 
 
Dear Mary,
   When I hear from a reader who "gets" our Goodbye Lie world, it makes me smile. The fact that you took time from your life to make this for me, well, I will treat it like the treasure it is.  I think I will hang it in my Story Central office.  Each time my eyes fall upon it, I will be reminded of my new friend, Mary Jo, who clearly has a gentle and generous spirit, just like Breelan.  I thank you for your kindness.
                                                                Jane Marie

No comments:

Post a Comment