January 11, 2015

And the Editor Says

My editor for Amelia Island's Mark of a Man, the third novel in my Goodbye Lie series, offered some interesting and flattering thoughts she has allowed me to share with you. 
http://www.amazon.com/Amelia-Islands-MARK-OF-MAN-ebook/dp/B00R1N4FVY/ref=dp_kinw_strp_exp_5_1

Here are a few of her favorite lines from the book.  I have removed character names to keep readers guessing who said what.:
  • He was fun loving, free loving and frequent loving.
  • ... willing, wanting and welcoming trouble.
  • His words fell to the floor with a silent thud.
  • Her emotions flashed between gray and a dark, deepening black... An all-consuming love for the child, loathing for the foe who'd violated her family, ... so much internal turmoil, she ...
  • I adore you, Nugget, but if you don't quit pulling the weights on our grandfather clock and messing it up, I'll throttle you!
  • What will become of me and what will I become?
  • I can't know that word. ( Editor adds: All my kids said it that way, too. I can still hear baby voices saying it when I read that sentence.)


Editors says:
  • "Awwww. Martha Bear has made it to another generation of Dunnigans."
  • "I really love the way you worked in the shamrocks and what they represent into the story. Very nice."
  • "What a foolish, foolish girl."
  • "HaHaHa!! I DO LOVE PEEPER!! I just adore her.  Everyone should have a Peeper in their life."
  • "Oh no!  Miss Ella left Peeper and Aunt Noreen on their own?  They will destroy each other!"
  • "My gosh ...You have my heart palpitating.  You certainly have a way with painting a tense scene!"

Amelia Island's Mark of a Man is available in paperback and e-book form at book sources everywhere. http://www.amazon.com/Amelia-Islands-MARK-OF-MAN-ebook/dp/B00R1N4FVY/ref=dp_kinw_strp_exp_5_1

No comments:

Post a Comment