June 30, 2016

Small Town, USA

Happy Fourth of July









Everybody loves their hometown.  After all, it's THEIR hometown.  Born there or living there by choice, we all take pride in the accomplishments, beauty and notoriety of our place.  I am no exception.  For me, Amelia Island, Florida has it all.  I often say, "History loves here."  Since I love history, I'm in the right place. A real live working seaport with a National Historic District full of Victorian homes and storefronts, this city is my definition of Small Town, USA.





Through the generosity of many, we can now brag about all the American flags hanging from street lights and telephone poles in our downtown and clear out to our Main Beach at the Atlantic Ocean.  The flags are our cherry on the top of our rich dessert of Southern hospitality smothering our Amelia Island. Next time you're able, come on down and enjoy this paradise, along with us. It's too beautiful not to share!