March 23, 2017

Grandmother Peeper's Wisdom-Goodbye Lie Diaries




Fernandina on Amelia Island, Florida
late 1800s

"My ma always told me, if'n ya act like a skunk, the folks about town will smell yur stinky feet acomin' before they see ya." - Peeper, grandmother to the Dunnigan family, 
The Goodbye Lie series


#GrandmotherPeeper
#GoodbyeLie
#AmeliaIsland


P.S.  Just so we're clear, Peeper prefers being called Peeper versus Grandmother Peeper.  It's not because she's embarrassed by her advanced age, but because that is the nickname the Dunnigan children gave her when they were little.  However, I explained that the internet knows her as Grandmother Peeper, and suggested we may have to use the title occasionally.  With a sigh of understanding, she told me, "The more folks that find out about me and my ways 'round the world, the wiser the world will be."  Thank you, Peeper.                                         - Jane Marie

No comments:

Post a Comment