April 8, 2021

Free Spring Tree Plus The Goodbye Lie Diaries - Carolena Dunnigan

Spring Tree
     Here is a simple idea for another free seasonal tree.  This time, it is a Spring Tree. With supplies scrounged from cupboards, closets and the garage, it didn't cost a penny.  Silk flowers, bows, decorations from what used to be a fanciful grapevine wreath, a small stuffed bear and light gray bunny, a few pastel ball ornaments, and a garden angel from my kids, well, just plug it in and you have a soft spring-like twinkling tree! Create your own and watch for smiles. 
                           -Jane Marie 

***

The Goodbye Lie Diaries

(Through the magic of electronics, mental telepathy and a smidge of time travel, I am able to communicate with my clan of characters from the The Goodbye Lie series. The result is The Goodbye Lie Diaries, scattered throughout this blog.)

Late 1800s

Fernandina on Amelia Island, Florida

*Carolena writes:  


 Good day, Jane Marie,

*Carolena Dunnigan
     I have enjoyed seeing your Valentine and St. Patrick's trees and now your spring tree. Mama and the Littles decorated our parlor palm for Daddy. He hinted and, quite frankly, pestered her into making him his own Irish tree. She loved the end-result. As it turns out, I am inspired now, too, and want to help bedeck a spring tree of our own. I have some lovely hair ribbons that will be perfect, draped over the palm fronds.  If I know my family, I imagine we will decorate one evening soon, immediately after dinner. That way, we can sit back and admire our efforts whilst having a slice of Peeper's vanilla pound cake. Mmmm. 
     I do hope Aunt Noreen doens't come over for one of her intrusive visits. I dread she will critique the finished palm plant and hurt feelings. If she does, I may just let go of my tongue and tell her what I honestly think of her.  I get so tired holding back and not challenging her rudeness. I pinched my finger this morning when I closed a stall door and it still hurts.  I would so enjoy taking my suffering out on her. Of course, if my sister Breelan participates, she may beat me to it. She stands up for herself and injustice more often these days. Being the oldest, I think Bree is fashioning herself after me and growing a backbone. 
      

*Carolena Dunnigan is the featured player in Amelia Island's Velvet Undertow, set in 1889 Fernandina on Amelia Island, Florida.  Judgmental, often with a quick temper, she is the interior designer for yachts and ships in the family's Aqua Verde Passenger Line.  Commissioned to build a yacht for a world famous conductor, Paulo Alontti, deceit reigns, driving the story into the horrors of the great Johnstown, Pennsylvania flood.  One reader wrote: I can smell the flood waters! This is all part of Jane Marie Malcolm's Goodbye Lie historical mystery/romance series.

Buy e-books and paperbacks from The Goodbye Lie series HERE! (You will be redirected to Amazon.com. 👓 📚 👍)


No comments:

Post a Comment