January 1, 2013

Peeper's New Year Tidings

If you don't know Peeper, she's everybody's favorite grandmother from Amelia Island's Goodbye Lie historical series.  (http://www.greenlightwrite.com/homegraciousjanemarie.htm) She often contributes to our Goodbye Lie Diaries and sends this out to all her friends from the 1880s to present.

Grandmother Peeper

Peeper writes:                                                                            
Well, today Miss Ella fixed the family a pork roast and I cooked black-eyed peas. Aunt Noreen was over, naturally. If'n there's food, you'll surely find Noreena.  Anyway, since we ate the proper food on this first day, we're certain ta have a happy year ahead. So, I got ta thinkin' how everybody who likes me should be enjoyin' one a my pomes sos I wrote one special.  The only person I know who don't like me is Noreena and since I don't like her nun neither, she'll git mad about it and say I'm just ashowin' off.  And she'd be right this one time! 
 
Mondays start yur week with song.
Tuesdays dance yur jig.
Wednesdays don't ya dare speak ill.
Thursdays feed yur pig (Aunt Noreen).
Fridays is the time fer soup.
Saturdays ya  read,
Sundays spend the day with God,
Thus yur soul ta feed.
 
Happy New Year to all y'all!