July 27, 2014

Goodbye Lie's Breelan- That's My Name, Too

Hello-
  
My name is Shannon and my daughter has the same spelling
Breelan Dunnigan
as the main character in your series. Breelan.  Being that the name is not one you see all the time, I have to ask how you came up with it?  I think it is wonderful because you have no idea how hard it is to find those little license plates for bikes with Breelan on it. LOL. I think it is great that as my daughter grows old, she will be able to purchase these books and see her name being utilized in them.  I am just tickled really.
  
Thanks from a Newly Found Fan,
 
Shannon
 
********
Dear Shannon,
 
Good to hear from you and I am so pleased you discovered my Breelan, heroine in The Goodbye Lie.  As to the origin of her name for me -  It was long ago and I can't give you a definitive answer.  I wanted a soft, romantic, dreamy name and Breelan just came to me. Perhaps I had heard it somewhere but have no recollection. I also wanted something unusual yet pronounceable. I don't like to read a book when I'm uncertain how to say a name.  I like to think that everyone reading about a character in my novels is saying that name the same way. Miss Breelan fills my need and serves our stories well.  She and I are great friends, you know.  We're glad to have you and your daughter enter our world where love and lace reign.
                                                        Jane Marie
   

No comments:

Post a Comment