January 17, 2011

All in One Piece

For my friends out there who want to know the status of my third historic novel, Mark of a Man, in my historic Goodbye Lie series, I am happy to report I have combined the five sections of it into one manuscript and have gone over it twice so far. I usually change, tweak and hone a story a couple dozen times. That means it will be a while before it's ready to release but rest assured, that's the plan because #4, Sand and Sin, is also finished (the basic novel) and waiting in the wings.


Since I wrote it several years ago, it's fun to return to the story of Pat Dunnigan, the only son of Miss Ella and Michael on Amelia Island, Florida in 1898.  Always in trouble for his pranks, his reputation is that of a good natured but irresponsible and spoiled man in his early twenties.  Not interested in marriage, he much prefers to party thus resulting in difficulty holding a job. Expelled from schools, his father has found the need to fire him from the family ship building business as well.  And so it goes ...

No comments:

Post a Comment