December 2, 2013

Santa Hat Nail Art

I saw this on Pinterest.com from Kaylee Denmark Nails.  While the tail on her Santa cap was a little longer and her red polish was glittery, I am pleased how well my hat turned out.  Here is how I did it and not break the bank.
You'll need the following supplies, all from the dollar store:
 
nail file
red nail polish
white nail polish
crystal jewel with adhesive back from kid's nail kit
clear top coat polish 
 
I am left handed so painted my ring fingernail on my right hand.  One nail was enough for me, but do as many as you want to, of course.
 
After letting your nails grow a bit, file the nail/nails into a pretty rounded shape.
Paint the tip of the nail red.  Let dry.
Paint the fur trim with the white polish, slightly wiggling the brush to make it look more realistic and fluffy. Let dry.
With the red polish, paint the cap's tail on one side, covering the white. Let dry.
Firmly press a small crystal on the end of the tail.
Paint two or three coats of clear polish over the entire nail, being sure to cover the crystal jewel. This coat will not only protect your Santa hat but will help keep the jewel in place.
 
BE SURE TO LET EACH CLEAR COAT DRY COMPLETELY SO NOTHING WILL MAR YOUR CREATION.
 
Show everyone your Santa Hat nail with pride because it's fun, fancy and festive!
 
Merry Christmas!