October 12, 2015

Puppy Paw Strangeness



Our Abby - less than enthusiastically showing her paw.
So, when was the last time you smelled your dog’s feet?  Personally, I have never made a habit of it.  In fact, I don’t think I have ever done it or thought to do it.  However, I will tell you that my husband, Bruce, and my granddaughter, Ava, have.  How do I know this?  Curiously, Bruce admitted it and Ava named her Chihuahua Nasty Nina Nacho.  A silly name, but with much meaning behind it, as I’ve discovered, since I recently heard something that shocked me.  The fact I had no knowledge of this particular canine peculiarity, of which I am about to tell you, is flabbergasting to me, a dog owner of many years. How had I missed out on this semi-common tidbit of info in my life?  And here I thought I knew everything, at least, that's what Bruce says when he's mad at me. I digress. (I digress a lot.)

Here it is.  A dog's feet smell like Fritos.  Huh?  HUH?  In particular, I'm talking about their pads, if they're healthy.  I can see it now.  All around the world, where this blog travels, readers will be seen sniffing dog feet. Word of advice: Keep it  in the family and sniff only your own dog's tootsies.  Also, it would be best to do such a thing behind closed doors. If you're reading this blog, and who isn't, your neighbors probably think you're a little peculiar anyway.  No need having them call the white coats on you.  I smelled one of Abby’s front paws and it smells like a dirty sweeper, with a touch of corn chip, so it must be true!  Google it.  I did.