October 15, 2017

Fernandina Shocker

      May I recount a recent incident for you? Permission or not, I shall. There I am signing my historical romance books, aka, The Goodbye Lie series in e-book and paperback, on Centre Street in our charming downtown Fernandina, Amelia Island. Perched on the deck outside Sea Jade's old Florida souvenir shop, I am introducing my novels to new friends.  This is much fun for me and I hope for them as well. But wait, something tears our attention away from the topic of great literature. What is it that we spy across the street? Oh, cheese and crackers, where are binoculars when we need them? It looks to be some sort of partially clothed pointy faced creature, its appendages  bare.  Bold as I am, I volunteer to chance impact with the automobiles barreling toward me at 15 mph or whatever the excessive speed limit is that the law has set.  Do remember, those tourists can have feet of lead. A rowdy bunch, they even sip water directly from bottles.  What would Aunt Noreen think of such crass behavior? 
     Upon arrival on the sunny side of the street, I, once described as the prattling princess, am left speechless. My discovery is less than life threatening, dare I admit? Yes, I dare. My discovery is, well, comical for it is merely a pig playing a trombone. Good times.
    
The Pig aka Eric Wheeler of the Fernandina High School Band


Aunt Noreen is a sometimes less than beloved player in The Goodbye Lie series set in Fernandina on Amelia Island, Florida in the late 1800s.

No comments:

Post a Comment