March 27, 2014

Goodbye Lie Diaries- Miss Ella and Spring

Fernandina on Amelia Island, Florida
Late 1800s
 
Miss Ella
Miss Ella writes:  I so love spring.  The windows are open and the curtains are dancing.  The birds are happy, too, and singing so loudly outside my office, they are distracting me from my ciphering.  The proof of that is I’m writing in my diary.  I think Aqua Verdi Passenger Line will survive while I  take I few minutes to myself.  I can see the daffodils out by the Talkin’ Tree.  I love bulbs.  One day there is nothing and the next time you look, there they are, their pretty flower faces seemingly looking right at you.  I don’t know if my girls will find as much pleasure as I do gardening.   When they were children, we planted pansies together on either side of the front steps. As they are getting older, they are so busy, Breelan with her writing, Carolina with her designs and Marie—I don’t know what Marie is busy with, now that I think on it.  She is very often with Sophie Belle and I’m afraid the two of them might get into trouble the way Breelan and Nora did. Well, more Breelan, really.  Nora always seems to land on her feet. In spite of her mother, she is such a lovely young lady.   Sorry Lord, it is not for me to judge, but You have Your hands full with Aunt Noreen alone!  Bless her heart.   
 

 
Here is a photograph of my daffodil, Miss Ella. 
 I suspect it looks very much like yours! 
Jane Marie, 2014
 
__________________________________________________________________________________
The Goodbye Lie Diaries are communications between the fictional Dunnigan characters from historic suspense Goodbye Lie series set in the 1880s and present day.  We share the same Amelia Island, Florida, same town of Fernandina, same Atlantic Ocean, same Amelia River, same weather, same growing conditions, same buildings on downtown Centre Street, well over 100 years apart ... jmm