October 29, 2019

Feet Loaf Anybody? Plus Peeper’s Goodbye Lie Diaries

lean beef and onions prior to baking
  Just in time for Halloween, try your hand at feet loaf!  Upon seeing these, some have responded with ewwwww!  Others have called them adorable.  While I do not understand such high praise, I willing admit I was taken by the concept when first I heard talk of this unusual entree on the radio.  Naturally, I had to google the image.  See the pictures of my efforts. 
baked feet loaf
You'll need: 
Your favorite meatloaf recipe (I used two pounds of lean ground beef shaped into two giant ugly feet.)
Sliced onions and chips for ankle bones and toe nails
Ketchup for blood around the bones.  

I baked my feet at 350 degrees for a good hour in a large 9" x 13" glass cake pan covered with foil for easy clean up.  The last ten minutes, loosely cover the feet with foil so they don't get too brown. Dribble with extra ketchup when done. 

     The most important thing is to have the camera ready to catch the shocked faces of your loved ones when you serve them these disgusting-looking feet for Halloween din-din!  Have fun! 


The Goodbye Lie Diaries
Late 1880s
Fernandina on Amelia Island, Florida

Grandmother Peeper writes:


 Dear Jane Marie,

     My, my, my!  This is something I will be  amakin' fer my kin.  The little ones will be fightin' over them toes.  Think I'll be invitin' Aunt Noreena over ta supper.  It will be hard fur me ta make my invite sound like a want her sittin' at our table, but the shock to her system will be so great, maybe she'll faint away.  That would be one Halloween worth rememberin'.  If only I kin keep from laughin' too soon in her face. 

Grandmother Peeper is a featured player in The Goodbye Lie series.  Her favorite target to tease and purposely irritate is the lady next door, Aunt Noreen. We all laugh along with Peeper.

No comments:

Post a Comment