November 5, 2019

Meet Bagatha

     My companion at every book signing, Bagatha is  hardworking, attractive  and always at the ready 
when I need her assistance.  Who is this creature with the most unusual name?  It is my 12 inch tall, give or take, doll who wears a white cotton cap and colorful floral patterned dress.  After a busy day, her full skirts are slender. Why? Because inside those skirts she holds our bags by which we can offer free gift wrapping to any who want to protect their Goodbye Lie series novels from the elements.  By free gift wrapping, we mean those plastic bags meant for recycling.  Try though we might to always take our own cloth totes to the stores, we still end up with the plastic bags. Folks always chuckle over this complimentary bonus.  You know me, chuckling is almost as good as guffawing.
     When trying to think of a name for the dolly, I asked my granddaughter, Ava, for her suggestions. With nary a blink, Ava replied "Bagatha." Perfect and clever!                                                                Please join us and our fictional Dunnigan family characters in Fernandina on Amelia Island, Florida in the Goodbye Lie novels, set in the late 1880s.  Let them create long lasting memories for you. They certainly have for me.                 
                                        -jmm                 
      

No comments:

Post a Comment