October 7, 2020

Late Afternoon on Amelia Island - Goodbye Lie Diaries - Carolena


This is where we live and The Goodbye Lie series is set, sans the modern boardwalk. 
 I took the picture from that beachside boardwalk. Generations of fictional and nonfictional folk 
have been blessed to see similar views. 
 Can't get much prettier than this!

***
Carolena Dunnigan
Goodbye Lie Diaries
Entry by Carolena Dunnigan 
 
 Late 1800s
 Fernandina on Amelia Island, Florida

     Carolena writes: My stars, but that is a beautiful picture, Jane Marie. Oh, to have the ability to catch moments of time as you do with your camera. I am trying to talk our father, Michael, into buying one of those new Kodak box-looking cameras I saw in our Florida Mirror newspaper. I am sure we would all willingly gather to have our pictures made.  To our mother's chagrin, Daddy rarely says no to his children's wants.  I have only begun persuading him.  Poor darling. I can be a dog with a bone when I want something, now can't I?


Carolena Dunnigan is the featured player in
 Amelia Island's Velvet Undertow, set in 1889 Fernandina on Amelia Island, Florida.  Judgemental, with a quick temper, she is the interior designer for yachts and ships in the family's Aqua Verde Passenger Line.  Commissioned to build a yacht for a world famous conductor, Paulo Alontti, deceit reigns, taking the family into the horrors of the great Johnstown, Pennsylvania flood.  One reader wrote: I can smell the flood waters! This is all part of Jane Marie Malcolm's Goodbye Lie historical mystery/romance series.

No comments:

Post a Comment