June 6, 2021

Birdhouse Save


      My Bruce built our courtyard gate ages ago.  Sea air, sun, rain and wear and tear have been hard on it and the top of a picket broke off.  What should I do?  Well, I once saw a picture of a wooden garden bench with one of the back pickets cut in the shape of a birdhouse. Hmm.  It came to me that I had a small birdhouse and, by jingo, it perfectly filled the empty space.  Our son-in-law, Mark, secured it with screws and now I have a special addition that not only adds charming curb appeal, but, maybe, an actual bird could make a nest inside.  Of course, if that happens, we will have to lock the gate shut until the babies take flight, lest they are jostled. Entrance through the garage will work just fine. Odds are slim, but how sweet would that be?

No comments:

Post a Comment